Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1994 GMC Bluebird Diesel Bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mohavewolfpup

3 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  7:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit mohavewolfpup's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've recently taken on being a shade tree mechanic (not trained by any means, just book knowledge and some hands on experience) for a local dog rescue here.

They purchased a Ex Clark County School District 30 passenger bluebird bus. It has a 6.5 diesel, trans/air air conditioning unit, and so forth.

Does anyone know where I could find service manuals for this? Is it something bluebird still may print, or i'm better off looking on ebay for them?

I'm looking for the works. whatever bluebird or trans/air may have offered for it, if possible?

Thanks for your time and help.

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  06:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would check ebay for a set of G-Van GM service manuals. You will want these for the engine, trans and chassis. Trans-air will send you a PDF on your system if they still have the vin or installers info. The body booklet I think maybe I have one. I'll look through my stash at home.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  08:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...unless it's a breadbox, in which case you will want a set of P-Van GM service manuals. I'll look in our books and see what we have.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

mohavewolfpup

3 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  03:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit mohavewolfpup's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some photos of the bus.

I believe with the DMV it's classified as a P-3500 (even with the school district?) so not sure if that helps. I generally tinker on fords so GM is new to me, but fun because it's my first diesel!

Does Trans/Air just need the chassis vin and the body vin from bluebird? I have both.

As for the manuals, what is your fee for them partsman_ba or Wolfor if you have them? Otherwise, Do you know what the going rate on ebay is for them so i'm not getting ripped off?

And real quick, if anyone knows. I think the bus needs a fuel filter replacement. I've found where it is, but I hestitate to do it in the field (if I make a mistake, it's stranded in the parking lot with dogs onboard until I get the air out of the lines) so what is the procedure exactly? Online guides really never help, they just cover for a turbo (which this isn't) and just make quick assumptions it's been done by the mechanic before.

I can do it on the ranch about 150 miles to the north, which i'm shooting for, but if I can do it in the field in a half hour i'm golden!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Edited by - mohavewolfpup on 08/03/2012 03:45:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  07:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that's a P-chassis (RV/potato chip truck) not a G-van. I don't have any extra books on them.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2012 :  10:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, been out of contact for awhile - vacation, and then our data lines were being replaced to the shop. What year is that unit? Any details you have (VIN, body #) would help. We just traded in our last breadboxes, so I'm sure I've got something around here that I can send you (or direct you to free information online.)

Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  09:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeez, guess I should have read the TITLE of the thread to figure out what year you have. Sorry.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000