General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 1946 Chevy Wayne Skoolie Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tango88

3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tango88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello from a Newbie here. I have a 1946 Chevy Wayne short bodied school bus I am hoping to track down some info on. Anyone here had any luck finding particulars on old Waynes? Like drawings, electrical or such? BTW...here is a pic of this old gal. Runs & drives but I am updating it with a little Cummins turbo-diesel and Alison automatic tranny.

...and I have started a progress album here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tango88/sets/72157626526227672/

Thanks in advance for any info/leads at all.

PS...my previous bus was an '85 40' BB All American

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  6:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool! Did you do somethign similar to the All American?
Go to Top of Page

Tango88

3 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  07:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tango88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Thomas Ford...Negative on the BB. Used it to haul antiques and such. Raised the roof 19" then wound up selling it after almost ten years to a chap who wanted to build it out as a full-timer RV. This little darlin' will have a tiny living area in the front and room in the rear to haul some of my shop gear (I travel around the country teaching cement sculpting). I plan on doing the Art Deco look big time on the interior. Only seems right since the '42-46 trucks were known as the "Art Deco Series".
Go to Top of Page

80 grit

United States
47 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a neat old bus. It isn't too rusty either compared to some of the new stuff after 10 years. Good luck on your project.
Go to Top of Page

Tango88

3 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tango88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks 80 Grit --- For an old gal she does seem to be a crowd pleaser. The hauler who brought her down from Utah said he had never gotten as much attention hauling a vehicle in his life. People honking and waving all the way and chats at every gas station that slowed his progress. She just seems to make folks smile...I think i like that.

And you are correct,there is probably more rust on the chassis of my '06 4Runner!Not bad considering that at 65, she is old enough to qualify for Medicare.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000