Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC Amp Guage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

screwy

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  5:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit screwy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2006 IC Conventional, T444E; amp guage started "wavering". Can go from -50amps to +75 amps. Volts are steady @+-14.0. This occurs with or without a load. Bus continues to start everyday with no problem.
Any suggestions?

Also have a near twin(newer)doing the same thing.

Thanks for a reply.

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  6:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If its an 06, it doesn't have a T-444-E.... Its got the VT365. We had problems with the voltage on our 2005 CEs with that engine, they replaced the alternator, I believe. Ours are cheap and don't have the AMP gauge, but the volt gauge used "float" around.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 01/10/2011 6:13:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  07:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had problems with my IC CE300 06 and up amp gauges, as long as the charging system cks good. ask your dealer about changing the update rate in the body esc. if i remember correctly the amp gauges are usually set at the top of the range from factory (which is the fastest update rate) and seem to be alright for the first year or so then will start bouncing all over the place. they slowed the rate down to 10 or less and all is well so far gauge reads normal and doesn't freak drivers out. you can find this setting in diamond logic builder program if you have it, but apparently you need the dealer software to change.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  10:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also the connections and grounds need to be ck'd on amp gauge circuit as that may cause the same problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000