Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blue bird abs code?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chopstyx

14 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  10:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit chopstyx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have abs code (the description not available) SID 3 FMI 14?
JUST WHAT THE BLINGING S--T IS THIS CODE!

chopstyx

14 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit chopstyx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also anyone finding tone rings warping!
Go to Top of Page

Milko in gambia

Gambia
23 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  03:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Milko in gambia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there, being in West-Africa without any dealer or help nearby, I doa lot of reading on the net.
Maybe this link s helpfull
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19032682/Failure-Mode
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  09:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have access to the SID fail codes. You can ground the "abs lamp" wire from the hydraulic brake ecu and the code will flash the abs lamp. Is it the meritor/wabco hydraulic? Or bendix air? Also a body number or VIN would help.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

grandyc

United States
58 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  12:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit grandyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problems with the ABS light on that I have seen in my 09-10 BBs is an ABS light on and no code. The problem ended up being a configuration or issue with the instrument cluster. Call your BB dealer for specific instructions because you will need a password to get into the configuration part in the cluster itself and make sure the ABS inputs are set to J1939 and not Binary. The password we use is 2290 but i am not sure if thats a universal PW or not but you can try it.
Go to Top of Page

chopstyx

14 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  05:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit chopstyx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right on thanks guys, bus out on a long charter now , gotta wait till she gets back
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandyc

The problems with the ABS light on that I have seen in my 09-10 BBs is an ABS light on and no code. The problem ended up being a configuration or issue with the instrument cluster. Call your BB dealer for specific instructions because you will need a password to get into the configuration part in the cluster itself and make sure the ABS inputs are set to J1939 and not Binary. The password we use is 2290 but i am not sure if thats a universal PW or not but you can try it.

Good call! I'll have to try this next time I attempt plugging in my scanner, that may explain the failure to load my software. Is the binary setting used for the EC-60 controller communication with the IP on the air brakes option?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by - Wolf0r on 11/30/2010 1:00:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

grandyc

United States
58 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  07:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit grandyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will not need a scanner or lap top to do this. It can be done with the buttons on the turn signal switch or instrument cluster.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  1:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandyc

You will not need a scanner or lap top to do this. It can be done with the buttons on the turn signal switch or instrument cluster.

You don't get history codes, just what is going on during that key cycle. Then it spits out the SID numbers which BB service manual doesn't use. You should see 3-1, 7-4, 5-1 type blink codes by grounding the abs lamp wire. Those are in the manual in the Meritor brake section.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  7:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you would like the steps on how to check trouble codes, please shoot me an email: skirley2@yahoo. I have procedure for Stoneridge, Actia (All American A3 and 2003-06 Vision) and present cluster.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000