Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 02 AMTRANS engine warn light flashing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SCHOOLBUSMECH

4 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  12:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit SCHOOLBUSMECH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 2002 Amtrans/RE 530E engine What i need is the procedure for turning off the engine warn light from flashing. The ecm has no codes the bus has done this before the light is on for a service interval light for the DPF. The light comes on by mileage I had a service letter from International and I have misplaced it. Called two dealers who are working on finding the letter in the mean time if someone else remebers how to turn of the light please let me know.

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  1:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking thia light may be for somthing else than a DPF based on the age?? Do you have any more detail to go on?
Go to Top of Page

SCHOOLBUSMECH

4 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  2:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit SCHOOLBUSMECH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is one of the first green diesel busses given to us from the california air resource board. The bus has done this before it flashes the light at a set distance so you remember to service the trap,the trap is not monitered by the ecm no sensors. International has a service letter on it but I can not find it in bus isis. The two dealers I have contacted are also looking for the letter I was hoping someone else has a similar bus and is better at filing than I am. This only happens every two to three years.Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never even thought about CARB emissions...that explains everything.
Go to Top of Page

SCHOOLBUSMECH

4 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  3:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit SCHOOLBUSMECH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found the answer
1. turn ignition key to ON position.
2. push and hold STI button.
3. press and release brake pedal 3 times.
4. release STI button.

Note the following procedure must be completed within 7 seconds of key ON.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000