New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kentuckynascar1
Advanced Member

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  6:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/kansas/ambulances-sent-to-scene-of-school-bus-crash?hpt=T2

sbd37091

93 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  6:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do the headlines say "school bus" instead of "church bus"?

I feel bad for everyone concerned but it irks me that when any bus wrecks, they refer to it as a "school bus". I consider traditional school bus drivers to be an elite group. We have enough accidents without being blamed for others whom I feel are not as professional as we are.

Does anyone agree with me?

Edited by - sbd37091 on 07/18/2010 6:13:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

vbacon

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  11:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see vbacon's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with you sbd37091. Bus drivers are an elite group. This bus should have been labeled as an Activity Bus and not a school bus. The problem is that when churches and other groups buy used school buses, they do not paint the buses a different color. In NY, if you privately buy used school buses, they have to have the school bus signs and other school bus features removed and they are supposed to be painted a different color within a specific time period. I am not sure if this is a law or if it is something school districts require. There is a church near me that uses old school buses and they still have school bus signs and all of the school bus features on them. I am not sure if the drivers of those buses have CDL Licenses. These issues should be resolved and enforced.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000