New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  4:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a bus, but hoping someone has an idea.

1998 Dakota with 3.9 V6, 42RE auto. Went to the store tonight, all was fine. Came out of the store, started fine but ABS, Air Bag lights were on, no speedo.

Got home, shut off, no restart. Won't crank. It's pouring rain so I'm not going out there tonight to fiddle with it, just wondered if anyone has a thought on this.

Several months ago I lost the speedo and had ABS and Brake warning light on...that was easy...speed sensor on the axle. This one though...that wouldnt keep it from starting would it? Dodges are...odd.

NWCROWN
Advanced Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  6:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possible alternator. Not familiar with Chrysler but the ABS and Brake lights might be low system voltage related. Also check for a loose battery connection.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  6:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That crossed my mind but still...Ugh, dont say that...that is a very expencive alternator!

Tomorrow is going to be a very fun day, the neighbors will get a live show since it's on the street (never have problems in the garage). At least the rain stopped.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  2:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well wasn't that a blast! Long, long story short, bad starter with dead short in solenoid causing voltage issues and the warning lights, no speedo.

$150 later But hey, 148,000 miles, I shouldn't complain!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000