Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  9:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on a 1993 GMC Bluebird.

The running lights on the left side will not work. This is the upper and lower lights. When the headlight switch is turned on, they will come on, only to fade out after a minute or so, then they will not come on again. After turning the headlight switch off and waiting a few minutes before turning it back on, they will come on again, only to fade out again. I have installed new lamp bases, checked all fuses.

Also, when the brake pedal is pushed, these lights come on for the brake lights.

Could this be a light monitor problem? Maybe a headlight switch?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  04:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds like an issue at one (or more) of your tail/brake lights. Poor ground back there, they are seeking a better one and taking it through the clearance lights. Pehaps an incorrect bulb has been installed in one of them...I saw the exact same symptom from that, press the brakes, the clearance lights come on.

Worth taking a look! It wouldn't hurt to pull the monitor loose and look for melted or burnt spots on the board, you never know.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i should have been more clear, the running lights will work for the brake light application, but wont work properly for just the running lights. The clearance lights aren't involved here.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  6:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh garsh, that does change matters! hehe Anyways...

I think I'd still look at those brake lights just for fun, I suppose I could see feedback coming through that way, but not likely eh?

Edited by - Thomasbus24 on 09/12/2009 6:03:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000