Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 electrical diagnostic problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimbean

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  10:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit jimbean's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have 3 444e international buses
that are giving me the same codes
{fault in icp circut} i forget the exact code numbers

i am using the fleet diagnostic software {not current version}

2 of the buses have new icp valves

also 2 of the buses have new glow plug relays

the wiring on the glowplug relays are also good {hot when key is in on position}

the problem that i have is they wont start when its cold out {i have to use either}

i called the international dealership and they say there is a short somewhere

i also just purchased a new spx diesel tester and that is giving me a code {254 engine controller #1 current above or grounded circut}

could that mean thet the ecm is bad

any help would be great

nbates723

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  05:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit nbates723's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you need new injectors
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  6:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glow plugs and ether....... gotta luv it.....

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  02:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the mileage on these engines?
Go to Top of Page

wistech

United States
48 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  04:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit wistech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you sure the ECM is energizing the glow plug relay? I had to replace several ECM harnesses (part # 1807453C94) this past several months because ECM wasn't turning the relay on. Did you check the resistance of the glow plugs? I still haven't had one ECM fail yet on a T444E between 1996-2002 model years.
Go to Top of Page

quizguy

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  3:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We haven't replaced any ECM's either but what we have found to be alot of the problem is there is no power getting through to the glow plugs where the wires attach at the valve covers.Sometimes the harness is bad from the glow plug controller to the covers. Most of our findings have been the connections through the valve cover gaskets. It means taking a continuity light or multimeter,unhooking the wire connection at the cover and touching each outer prong individually to see if the wiring underneath the valve covers is good going to each glow plug. At the same time, this will tell you if you have some bad glow plugs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000