'07 C2 Oil consumption
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skydiverbill

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  2:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard they are having big problems with oil consuption. Anyone see anything on it? what are they doing to correct it?

thanks

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  04:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what engine? C7 Or Mercedes

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

skydiverbill

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  08:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mercedes

gravity powered fun from 13,000 feet= skydiving
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, there has been some oil usage issues. The head mechanic down home told me about it, he's having minor issues with his '07. The dealer says that it was a block honing issue that has since been corrected. Users can expect the oil consumption problem to stop around 20,000 miles as the engine breaks in. If customers don't want to wait, or if the don't see improvement, the engine will be swapped out for a new one.

Hope this helps you!
Go to Top of Page

skydiverbill

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  6:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Yeah, there has been some oil usage issues. The head mechanic down home told me about it, he's having minor issues with his '07. The dealer says that it was a block honing issue that has since been corrected. Users can expect the oil consumption problem to stop around 20,000 miles as the engine breaks in. If customers don't want to wait, or if the don't see improvement, the engine will be swapped out for a new one.

Hope this helps you!

yea that's what I had heard, To bad this company just can't seem to get thier act togeather.

gravity powered fun from 13,000 feet= skydiving
Go to Top of Page

origcharger
Top Member

United States
619 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  05:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the production of the 2007 North American emission standard Mercedes engines was switched to Detroit from Germany. Hopefully they get things straightened out.

Operating; Seven T444Es, One MaxxForce 7, One VT365, Four DT466s, One E-450 6.0 and one Mercedes in a C2.
Go to Top of Page

thomasguy

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  1:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomasguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every operator is doing a 3 month fuel to oil usage chart and we're faxing the reports to the dealers. They will decide in this summer if replacement is necessary. Some of the reports indicate less oil consumption as time goes on. That's a hopeful sign!

School Bus Maintenance & Repairs.
http://schoolbusmechanic.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  8:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At work today we had a '08 C2 with 4k miles take 11 quarts of oil. That's not normal consumption there.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000