Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 No Heat on driver's side
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gibby

United States
13 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  12:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit gibby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All our 2005 Frieghtliners only have heat on pass side. Right DEF works, heat stops there. No heat at LF DEF or heaters. All valves are open

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had this problem with some of our 04 Freightliners. The cold/hot dial on the control panel operates a remote control heater valve that's mounted next to the heater coil behind the heater panel instead of a manually operated valve that would be mounted down by the driver's foot. For some reason these remote controlled valves get stuck so even though the dial is turned to hot, the valve could actually be fully closed or only partially opened so you aren't getting much if any flow to the heater coil.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

gibby

United States
13 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  4:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit gibby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by buster133

We have had this problem with some of our 04 Freightliners. The cold/hot dial on the control panel operates a remote control heater valve that's mounted next to the heater coil behind the heater panel instead of a manually operated valve that would be mounted down by the driver's foot. For some reason these remote controlled valves get stuck so even though the dial is turned to hot, the valve could actually be fully closed or only partially opened so you aren't getting much if any flow to the heater coil.
[/qu
ote Thank you, I will look into that.
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  8:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that this really exactly pertains to this subject. For some reason, some Thomas buses have issues with heat. In my bus, I have 1. Front Defroster 2. Right heater 3. Left heater 4. Middle Heater 5. Rear heater.

My left heater can be left on high all of the time, blows hot air and keeps me nice and warm. If I put on any other heaters on high for more than five minutes, they stop working. All I have to do is shut them off for a minute and they come back on.

I'm glad that at least on my bus, they come back on. Some buses, once the fuse blows, you have to get it fixed! Okay, now that this had nothing to do with the topic...
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  12:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 80...have the mechanics check the ground wire for the heaters. I found many that were corroded up in the newer Thomas stuff. I just replaced the wire ends and mounted them up higher to avoid moisture and it seemed to help with the constant on-off-on-off.
Go to Top of Page

heavyduty39

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit heavyduty39's Homepage  Reply with Quote
talk to the dealer, a new service bulletin/recall notice just came out concerning a bad thermal resistor in a batch of blower motors.they will give you instruction on how to diagnose and get the ball rolling
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000