Mechanic Position Open
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  1:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone dreaming of moving to Alaska, specifically Seward, Alaska?

Diesel Mechanic / Field Safety Officer
Interested in a full time schedule with summers off?
40 hr. week - 10 month position available immediately.

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  12:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work on 4X4 units with drop down chains, Even more fun!

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  12:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aww...we're full of adventure here...we run it without the 4X4 buses. Pretty attached to those drop downs though :-)
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  4:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use OnSpot chains on all of our plow trucks and fire apparatus. None on the buses yet......(phew!!)

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

busgeek++
Advanced Member

United States
253 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  6:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have the OnSpot chains on our buses here in CT, they don't get a lot of use, except in bad snow. However, some end up hanging low and dragging on the ground (Hello Sparks!).

Buses are not a way of life, they are life
Go to Top of Page

1busman53725

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  02:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Salaskie. Would you provide contact information.1busman53725 Thank You
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the coolest picture of a bus I've ever saw was in School bus fleet magazine of a I think a 50 some odd passenger Int. bus with a 4X4 and dropdowns crawling over some tundra.... Wow.

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

misterbill
Advanced Member

United States
306 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  09:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25° at my house in CT today. That is too cold for me.

High School Friend-"Hey! How are you! Well, I guess you can't be doing too well, you're driving a school bus."

Edited by - misterbill on 01/27/2008 11:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  09:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious why you guys don't like the automatic chains...some towns around here spec them on their buses and I'm considering trying to get our Board of Ed to include them next time we go out to bid.

And if 25's too cold, maybe you shouldn't be living in CT. I'm used to the 20-below wind chill when I get to work at 5:00.
Go to Top of Page

misterbill
Advanced Member

United States
306 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  11:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus724

And if 25's too cold, maybe you shouldn't be living in CT. I'm used to the 20-below wind chill when I get to work at 5:00.

Oh I don't know. The cold doesn't last too long here. Supposed to be in the 40's on Tuesday. As far as I am concerned-winter is almost over. All we have to get through is February now, the longest month of the year LOL.

High School Friend-"Hey! How are you! Well, I guess you can't be doing too well, you're driving a school bus."
Go to Top of Page

bcressey

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  8:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit bcressey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we love the chains. i have even seen suvs and pickups with onspots.

quote:
Originally posted by bus724

I'm curious why you guys don't like the automatic chains...some towns around here spec them on their buses and I'm considering trying to get our Board of Ed to include them next time we go out to bid.

Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  11:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
1busman, email me at Sandra.Roach@firstgroup.com
I will send you all my contact info.
Thanks for the interest and I look forward to speaking with you,
Sandie
Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  11:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Steve, I sent an email to the addy you provided.
Thanks, and talk with you soon,
Sandie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000