73 NEW BUSES! - The School Bus Depot Winter 07
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  11:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Winter Edition of The School Bus Depot!

Our feature is... 73 NEW/UPDATED BUSES!!!!!

Special Thanks goes out to Dave, Ian, Kris (Dem84skeeprollinup), Ryan Dunn, and Bruce Cram for photo donations. Submissions are up 100%!

Please note: Click Whats New, I didn't get to add them into the Index pages yet!

http://busyard.byethost7.com/home.html

Feel free to submit buses, TSBD will post ALL SUBMISSIONS on the NEXT update!*

-Jake

*=If you submit over 60 buses, not all may be featured on the next update, but most will. Same thing goes out if several people submit 60 buses at once. I know this sounds bad, but I do not have the time to make 150 bus updates, the most I can possibly do at one time without loading down the server and myself would be a 75-80 bus update.

Edited by - Jake on 11/06/2007 7:08:27 PM

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  12:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed looking at your update Jake, with what time I had to glance through it. Looks as though someone backed that '07 Indianan C2 into something! Do you have any clue what happened to it?

Okay, I spent waaay too much time on the computer today.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  12:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Ford 85-16

I enjoyed looking at your update Jake, with what time I had to glance through it. Looks as though someone backed that '07 Indianan C2 into something! Do you have any clue what happened to it?

Okay, I spent waaay too much time on the computer today.

If your refering to the top of the bus, it looks like it hit a telephone pole, common with many AmTrans in my area, you'll have to ask the photographer, Kris.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  2:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great!
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  3:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent update Jake!

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  3:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like the new steering wheel and rims end on the 08/09 chevy/gmc chassis.

http://busyard.byethost7.com/kris08gmcmidbus001.html

would look better mounted to a minotour or microbird tho.

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Edited by - dem84skeeprollinup on 11/06/2007 11:38:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  5:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AWESOME UPDATE! It was such a cool surprise to see you updated this afternoon!

One small thing to clear up; Wayne and Welles did not differ at all in appearance. Welles however did continue to produce the old style Wayne (1967-1972) a few years past the "1973 Wayne Lifeguard" introduction. Now, here is where it gets a little tricky. For 1973 and 1974, the new Wayne Lifeguard DID have a small last window of the same proportions as the pre-73's. Since the new Lifeguard had a much higher passenger window line/rub rail, the rear most slanted window did not come all the way up to the roof line rubrail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  5:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

AWESOME UPDATE! It was such a cool surprise to see you updated this afternoon!

One small thing to clear up; Wayne and Welles did not differ at all in appearance. Welles however did continue to produce the old style Wayne (1967-1972) a few years past the "1973 Wayne Lifeguard" introduction. Now, here is where it gets a little tricky. For 1973 and 1974, the new Wayne Lifeguard DID have a small last window of the same proportions as the pre-73's. Since the new Lifeguard had a much higher passenger window line/rub rail, the rear most slanted window did not come all the way up to the roof line rubrail.

THANKS A BUNCH for the clarification, is it okay if I quote you on the site?
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  5:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sure! I'm happy to be helpful and talk old Wayne's. See pic>>

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  5:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

sure! I'm happy to be helpful and talk old Wayne's. See pic>>

On the 70s GMC Wayne/Welles on this update, would it be possible to track/ estimate the year from the pictures provided/ wether or not its a Wayne or a Welles? I'd like to know that if we can estimate it.

I am a big Wayne enthusiast, so I'd like to know also. I hate it my district is parking all its Waynes, after that - Waynes will be exctinct here, virtually.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  6:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
uch dont get me started, Baltimore County has retired all there Waynes but 1 which as been converted to a parent mobile RV thing. Now all we have our the big three and some really crappy 1996 Crown by Carpenters.

Anyway, the buses on your site are Waynes, not Welles. Welles had there own nameplate they would use on the rear bumper. There is no real detailed changes that I can see that would narrow down the year of the Waynes any more than 1967-1972 unfortunately. The only obvious design change was the expansion of entrance door glass in 1969. so if the entrance doors had smaller windows, it would be a 1967-68. I can tell you however that the Thomas Ford is a 1973-1976 model for sure.

Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  6:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The school those old Waynes came from had a pretty different array of buses at one time. Now it 100% Thomas. On an interesting note...if you went to their barn in 2004, you could see every modern type of Thomas conventional. They had 88 GMC Thomases,89-96 Ford Thomases(including the 94 tomford my church has now), 1997-few 1998 dt466 thomas imternationals,1998-2004 thomas frieghtliners, and freshly arrived 2005 thomas c2's. The mechanic there said he liked the internationals and the fords best, but the internationals wore out the trannies (at545's) and the Fords and some hydraulic break leaks (esp at the dash switch). He said the gmc's with detroits were the worst due to the total acceleration lackage. It is rumored a kid missed the bus, ran after it, and actualy caught up.

Go to Top of Page

03CV200
Top Member

United States
740 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  7:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 03CV200's Homepage  Send 03CV200 an AOL message  Click to see 03CV200's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great update! I love those PA buses, hehe.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  7:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 03CV200

Great update! I love those PA buses, hehe.

I see all those C2s in your signature, I hope you got pics of every one of them so I can have a 150 bus update! lol j/j

Thanks everyone for the comments!

-Jake
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  7:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 1,000 buses I'd like to submit, but since you won't post them on one update I can't send them.

Anywho, nice update.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich

I have 1,000 buses I'd like to submit, but since you won't post them on one update I can't send them.

Anywho, nice update.

I'm sure we can work something out - Like a Years worth of updates with 84 buses per update

Edited by - Jake on 11/06/2007 8:09:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm... ware have I seen some of those buses before....Oh Ya .. DUH

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have pictures of an 86 Thomas/International I need to submit, anyone accepting submissions at this time?

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomas86_a

I have pictures of an 86 Thomas/International I need to submit, anyone accepting submissions at this time?

haha, I won't hold my breath on seeing that bus!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomas86_a

http://busyard.byethost7.com/contact.html

I'll be happy to accept any submissions.

Edited by - Jake on 11/06/2007 8:43:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 78fordwayne

I try to check your site for buses before I submit them. Other than that dual lift bus I think most of them are different. If ya don't like sharing, find a different spot. I think I'm the closest member to there anywho.

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  04:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dem84skeeprollinup

quote:

I try to check your site for buses before I submit them. Other than that dual lift bus I think most of them are different. If ya don't like sharing, find a different spot. I think I'm the closest member to there anywho.

After getting a few AIMs from other members and reading this. Im trying not to read between the lines about what is being said here. And if so I dont want to go there. I take photos at " my spot" because its my job to. In return I post them on a web site to preserve the history of it all. I still have hundreds of pictures that I havent posted yet. Im going to post them all through out the Winter months. I have been going to the "spot" since 2004 and I will not find another spot.
But anywho thats that . Of corse you are welcome to do what you want. You know that. The same buses being posted on two different web sites is up to you and Jake.
Sorry if this was all a misunderstanding.

The update looks good Jake
Sorry for hijacking your topic

Robert B.

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 11/07/2007 05:01:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  2:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by dem84skeeprollinup

quote:

After getting a few AIMs from other members and reading this. Im trying not to read between the lines about what is being said here. And if so I dont want to go there. I take photos at " my spot" because its my job to. In return I post them on a web site to preserve the history of it all. I still have hundreds of pictures that I havent posted yet. Im going to post them all through out the Winter months. I have been going to the "spot" since 2004 and I will not find another spot.
But anywho thats that . Of corse you are welcome to do what you want. You know that. The same buses being posted on two different web sites is up to you and Jake.
Sorry if this was all a misunderstanding.

The update looks good Jake
Sorry for hijacking your topic

Robert, its all cool, I completely understand that. I know its your job. I'm okay with the same buses being on different sites, as long as its not the exact same picture, like different angles and stuff.

And I don't mind about the topic, its good we got it all clear. I know its the same thing with Myers Equipment Corp in Ohio, I know some forum members have had rounds over that place. Its all good

-Jake

Edited by - Jake on 11/07/2007 2:09:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  2:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not really now with Myers. Myers I'll claim is "my spot" (I like to claim Ohio is my spot as well) - I'm there weekly to get photos and check out the equipment there. I know some other members have been there and one that goes every now and then. Many of the buses that were there (that most people have photos of) are gone anyways so whats there is what I have photos of.

I do have a problem with your update however. Seems like I've seen many of those actual photos before - actually a few 2 or 3 more times. To other members, post your photos of that one bus on one site - not hard Don't keep sending the same picture to various sites - no one is impressed with that picture.

Edited by - Busdude3 on 11/07/2007 2:25:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  2:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Busdude3

Not really now with Myers. Myers I'll claim is "my spot" (I like to claim Ohio is my spot as well) - I'm there weekly to get photos and check out the equipment there. I know some other members have been there and one that goes every now and then. Many of the buses that were there (that most people have photos of) are gone anyways so whats there is what I have photos of.

I do have a problem with your update however. Seems like I've seen many of those actual photos before - actually a few 2 or 3 more times. To other members, post your photos of that one bus on one site - not hard Don't keep sending the same picture to various sites - no one is impressed with that picture.

Ryan, I'd like to know what pictures you are talking about. I know some of them were on School Bus Central at one period of time, but that was only a handful and they were taken off shortly after they were posted to my knowledge. I know a good amount of mine some people have probably seen before, but after I get through reposting them all on my site comes the new material. I'd like you to elaborate more on what pictures are where, and link me to where they are on different websites.

-Jake
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  3:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That tiny C2 seems to be a bit overequipt with the PTS3000 transmission, but it's a cute little thing.

=
Go to Top of Page

03CV200
Top Member

United States
740 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  4:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit 03CV200's Homepage  Send 03CV200 an AOL message  Click to see 03CV200's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusFreak

That tiny C2 seems to be a bit overequipt with the PTS3000 transmission, but it's a cute little thing.

I thought that myself when I was in it, but then I was wondering if its actually a 2500PTS with the push button selector option that Rich had mentioned. I didn't feel like crawling under the bus to check the model number, lol.

Allison even makes a push button selector for transmission's with park, like the 1000 and select 2000 series models. Heres one I found on the net in a Kenworth T300 http://www.truckpaper.com/images/Truck/fullsize/76578641.jpg

-Dave

Edited by - 03CV200 on 11/07/2007 4:27:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  5:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

I have one quick question for the people out there in Ohio. I have seen many pictures of retired school buses previously retired from a school district. Those buses that you retire, do you set it aside in your lot or do bring them to one major lot? What do you do with all the parts after you strip them down?

http://busyard.byethost7.com/aafefe9421.html

Those are called junkyards (or scrap yards/Bus Dealerships (Myers), as I've been told to call them), Ohio is home to two major school bus junkyards (Dealerships, scrapyards, etc). They sell parts. After the bus is finished they tourch it down or crush it. The junkyards buy the buses from various school districts, mainly from Ohio, but including WV, VA, KY, and IN, and a few others.

-Jake

Edited by - Jake on 11/07/2007 5:03:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have been going to the "spot" since 2004 and I will not find another spot.

This made me laugh. Not at you, Robert, but the thought of "spots." I, along with other long-time members, have been taking pictures at some of these same "spots" since the time a couple of our current webmasters were just in Elementary School. It's funny to me. I'm glad I'm too busy to worry about claiming a "spot." My small piece of sanity that I call the town I live in has already been taken over.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000