Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  9:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B. Busguy33

quote:
We just retrofitted one of our 2000 bluebird 3800's with the new HD's. I think they put them angled up to high but they seem to show a better veiw of where you need to see.

Yup, you are correct. Those crossview mirrors are adjusted too high!

I wish I could retrofit my Hawkeye mirrors with the HD set-up.

Actualy, think you can Bob. You would use your exsisting hawk-eye brackets, like on this vision.

http://www.schoolbuscentral.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30&listing=213&listingmode=detail

I think the coverage a way more superior to a hawk-eye.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  06:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Mirror Lite HDs can be added to essentially any mirror bracket, whether it is a Rosco or an older Mirror Lite mount. When ordering, you just need to specify what type of mount it will be on, and when installing you need to be sure it is mounted in a way which will meet FMVSS regulations.

Kris, the way your district put on the HDs, it is not even close to meeting any FMVSS regulations. You should not be able to see the hood with the HDs, let alone the roof cap. (The ones on the Vision are mounted too high)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000