New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody here have experience with Hankook tires in their fleet? IC Corp. just switched to Hankook tires as their standard tire choice. I find it quite surprising that they would make that the standard, as I've never seen or heard of a Hankook tire on a bus.

Here is the article:

WARRENVILLE, Ill. — Citing the rising price and global shortage of tires, IC Corp. has added Hankook Tire America Corp. to its list of suppliers.
Effective in April, Hankook will be the standard tire selection on all IC Corp. buses unless customers specifically choose another brand of tires.

"Hankook tires meet our stringent requirements for quality, price and delivery and carry a warranty that is as good as, if not better than, the warranty on other tires," said Michael Cancelliere, IC Corp.'s vice president and general manager.

Any opinions?

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  1:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not spec a Hankook tire on a bus. I would choose Michelin, Bridgestone, and Goodyear in that order as my only choices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000