New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  08:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 95 TC2000 with 5.9 and about 154,000 miles eng started losing power will only go about 50mph from a stop it wil rev to about 2400rpm and shift when it gets in high gear it will top at about 2200rpm. If your sitting in neutral and rev it up real slow it will go to about 2800rpm If byou mash-it at any point it will max out at 2400 and smoke like crazy and run rough. I was thinking govener any one else have an idea? Thanks for any Help.

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  1:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see your in North Dakota right? whats the fuel blend? jelled up? filter changed?

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

DanLJ
Advanced Member

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  1:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had some "similar" problems with two of our 92 BB TC 2000's with the Cummins 5.9.

In both cases the solution was found in the turbocharger. On one it was simply that there was an air leak, on the other the turbo had to be replaced.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fuel filters were changed and It was about 30 degrees the day it lost power the fuel is straight #1 B2 and has sat in a 70 degree shop for 3 days and still does it.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  8:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any blow-by? I had a burned piston in a 89 TC, and it caused almost the same thing.

Check to see if all your cylinders are hot when running.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  10:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Air filter? Just weeding out the obvious stuff...

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000