Afternoon Runs UPDATED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  08:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How does your school have the buses pick up children? Torrington Ct at the High School, Middle School and at the 5 Elementary Schools the buses Line up leaving space between each bus. If you look at out from a plane down you will see ROW 1 (left side of Bus Loop) and Row 2 (Right side of Bus Loop) Row 1 Buses move in front of the space between Row 2 Buses. So we get many more students on the buses at once. A diagram will come later on

--Road----------
Bus20 Bus21

Bus22 Bus23

and so on! Won't come good, sorry!

Edited by - ICfan on 10/14/2005 09:07:59 AM

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I was at south lakes every bus park at a side angle and in one row and the special ed buses park up front.

In Loudoun Stone Bridge, Briar woods and some other newer schools had a parking lot a little away from the school and the kids would get on that way the buses that came late would park in the circle. Plus in the moring every bus let kids off in the circle.

In ic corp webshots in lcps where all the buses were parked that's were we would get on.
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  11:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Each school is a bit different out here, but all buses angle in with no space in between, unless there are tooo many buses, then there is a small space and buses park in the rear. All supervisors and lead drivers park behind the rest of the buses. Spec ed buses pull up in the front.

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  2:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The buses wrap around the sides of my school.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  2:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IC-RE I could tell by the pics you have

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

CrownBus1
Top Member

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  7:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The buses park in a straight line along the curb in front of the school.

Bus 1
1985 Crown
Go to Top of Page

ThomasER0005
Top Member

USA
576 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  7:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We start with the middle school then go to the elementary school and then the high school, we park in numerical order.

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  8:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the high school the buses park along the curb all the way in the back of the school and wrap around to the front of the school. The buses cover all sides of the building except for one.

At the primary school, buses park in front of the building and on the side around the parking lot.

All buses at the high school park in the same spot every day, and at the primary it's whomever gets there first, but to the side they are assigned.

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  08:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is what Torrington does. Both middle and High they park in the same spot in numerical order, unless the bus is doing a trip or is late. But Elementary it is who ever gets there first gets the kids in the first round

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

School Bus M8
Top Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit School Bus M8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of the middle schools I used to drive for years ago had the buses line up side by side facing the school. I hated this set up. I was always afraid that one day the back swing of one of the buses was going to hitthe front or the side of a bus as it pulled out..

I.E.: \=buses, _________________= front of the school

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Go to Top of Page

ooms7j

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit ooms7j's Homepage  Click to see ooms7j's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here in Indiana We have our busses @ the Elm Schools are at an angle one bus deeplike so:
/ / / / /

At the Intermediate School we park at an angle two deep like so:
*/ / / /
/ / / /
At the high school We park in one big line around the school like so:
|-----|
| |
| |
| |

Emergency situations are my responsibility, Drive Safe, ooms7j

Edited by - ooms7j on 10/14/2005 10:27:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  8:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have one interesting set up from when I was in school. My old middle school parked like this:
---
| \\\\\\\\
|
| ---

Then they all pull out, the buses in the angled spots from right to left go around the planter. The special needs buses are far enough away from the loop, so the regular buses in the slots can move out of the back of the school where they're parked. The special needs buses arrive 30 minutes early, so they're gone. But they arrive at the same time in the morning as the regular full size buses. After all buses cleared out, a next round of buses comes up from the bottom of the hill in front of the school. They drive up and fill the first 11 or so slots. All students int he second round are lined up on the sidewalk until the door opens. The school made us gegt into "girl" and "boy" lines. Then the dean says "girls first today" or "boys first." They the line that gets on first (usually by how straight and quiet it is) starts to board. On the first round it didn't matter who got on first, no need for a line. I thought that was an interesting set up. The school was built on a hill so the last 3 spaces are actually a 2 lane access road to the back. So if a bus is late it has to go into oncoming traffic around those buses and the 3 parked parallel to the curb. Last 6 are parallel parked (last three on incline of hill-the three in front of those are parked on a level-er surface.

That was almost 10 year ago when they used to have that many buses at one school. Now there are less b/c of how many more schools they have now. CCSD is the 5th largest school district in the country with. It has 193 Elementary Schools, 56 Middle Schools, and 40 High Schools currently and still growing.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 10/14/2005 9:24:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

scottyd
Advanced Member

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  8:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send scottyd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Special Ed here in Fairfax: Several schools have a pecking order that they want you to line up in. But most of the schools we just line up in the order we arrive. If you have a lift you parallel to the curb, if not you angle in. Although every school has a different routine. Some, the SE buses load first and get out, others the Reg ED buses load first, and still other we just all mix in together, and still other schools, Reg Ed in front, SE on the side or in back. We have 25 High Schools, and I don't know how many middle and elementary schools we have. We are the 12 largest school system in the country. And they are still opening new schools every year or two.

Scott
Driving America's Future
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000