NAPT 05
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  2:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What new products are being unveiled at the 2005 napt? Will bluebird be showing their new project victory buses?

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  3:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am guesssing that IC will unvail their 2007 transit line?
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  5:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue Bird was suppose to have Project X ready.
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  5:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone will have anything new.

IC is working on the transit line now. Supposed to be released in 06 or 07 I believe.

I don't think Bluebird has anything planned but who knows. They may surprise us.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  6:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe in 2012 or so we'll see a new style windshield on the Blue Bird conventional.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  4:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe in 2012 or so we'll see a new style windshield on the Blue Bird conventional.

And it is possible they will have a new roof cap to go with that new windshield that same year.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  4:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's possible, but they might not want to shock us with too many changes at once, might push that off until 2015 or so.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  7:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B. Busguy33

quote:

And it is possible they will have a new roof cap to go with that new windshield that same year.

2012 would be a fitting year since that would be about the 50th anniversary of the BB conventional windshield, lol.

As to the thread's topic, I just read in the latest issue of School Transportation News that Blue Bird recently began production "of it's new G cutaway powered by the Duramax 6600, V8 turbo diesel. The 2006 model year product will be available for the 2005-2006 school year....The new cutaway will be available in the 4500 and 5500 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana models."

Ted

Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe we'll see a somewhat-updated version of the IC transit line at this show, along with Blue Bird's new G cutaway... but some surprises might show up as well.

Next year will definitely be more exciting though, believe me.

Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  08:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our International reps. said IC is just beginning their redsign. Perhaps they are wrong, but they said they are in planning and design stages.

They said changes we might see are the new dash as offered in the CE, exterior changes such as the entrance door and driver's window. These changes to make them similar to that of the CE.

Maybe they will have them done by November but we won't know until then.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  11:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think the BlueBird cutaway will be really nice, especially with the new bluebird standard features. I wonder if it will share the current microbird roofcaps because I really like them. What ever happened to the Girardin and Corbeil buses that were made on this big savanna/express chassis. Thomas should make a bus on this chassis,that would certainly be intersting. And if production has already begun on this new Bluebird there should be a picture of it somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  08:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the GM chassis will be around that long. If history is anything to go by, Blue Bird should not rely on GM. It has been let down time and time again by GM. For example, TOPKICK, 3500, and the long overdue Duramax diesel in the GM cutaways. I know there is alot of bad blood here over GM's on and off again relationship with Blue Bird. It is obvious that you can't rely on a GM as a chassis manufacturer to maintain a constant unchanging supply of chassis, especially when the numbers are so small. Blue Bird should make a smaller Vision with the duramax or new Cummins C6.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  09:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is plan X? or IC transit line?

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Isellbuses

I wonder if the GM chassis will be around that long. If history is anything to go by, Blue Bird should not rely on GM. It has been let down time and time again by GM. For example, TOPKICK, 3500, and the long overdue Duramax diesel in the GM cutaways. I know there is alot of bad blood here over GM's on and off again relationship with Blue Bird. It is obvious that you can't rely on a GM as a chassis manufacturer to maintain a constant unchanging supply of chassis, especially when the numbers are so small. Blue Bird should make a smaller Vision with the duramax or new Cummins C6.

Thats an interesting point about making a smaller vision. It would follow in the path of the IC BE. However, a cutaway is a cutaway and I think that the blue bird body design that they will use for this 4500/5500 chassis doesnt take too much modification from the original small bus design already used for the Ford e-350/450 and GM 3500 van cutaway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000