Enter Forum: Breaking News
 Connecticut School Bus Monitor Public Hearing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angelsinmystic

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  6:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit angelsinmystic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Legislative Assembly of Connecticut will hold a public hearing regarding an act to mandate school bus monitors on all K-5 school buses in the state of connecticut on Monday, 2/7 at 11am at the LOB in Hartford. I will be testifying for my son, as well as all the other angels out their who have lost their lives under the wheels of a school bus. The public is welcome to speak at this hearing.

NOTE: I'm happy to announce that the Town of Groton, where my son was hit by his own bus in November is starting to take this issue seriously and have issued a letter to the school bus company requesting them to equip all their school buses with crossing safety arms and have made this a priority. In addition, I will be pushing them to include paid bus monitors on all K-5 buses for the start of the 2005-2006 school year.

Sandy: thanks for the business card and thanks for taking an interest in this important issue. You are making a difference.

Brian in Mystic.

Sandra (Ennis) Nunn
Top Member

Canada
1180 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  6:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Legislative Assembly of Connecticut will hold a public hearing regarding an act to mandate school bus monitors on all K-5 school buses in the state of connecticut.
quote:
I'm happy to announce that the Town of Groton, where my son was hit by his own bus in November is starting to take this issue seriously and have issued a letter to the school bus company requesting them to equip all their school buses with crossing safety arms and have made this a priority.
This is wonderful news, Brian. Step by step it will all happen.

I'm glad I was able to help in some small way. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do.

Sandy

http://www.rememberallyceea.com
Go to Top of Page

angelsinmystic

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  4:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit angelsinmystic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had this hearing today after about 5 hours of waiting. Sophia and Bill Pendergast, founders of FISST and the creators of the Rhode Island bus monitor law provided powerful and emotional testimony regarding their child Vanessa Anne. Everyone including the transportation committee was fighting back tears. As a result, we have some good backing with the senators as well as a bus union who testified with good results. This weekend we are hosting a booth at the Connecticut Kids Festival. Please remember that this is the first anniversary of the death of Allyceea on the 12th, so please say a prayer and our thoughts will be with Sandy and her family, and we will have a picture of her in our booth. Please come out if your from the Hartford area, it's gonna be fun.

Good results today, better results to follow.

Brian in Mystic.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra (Ennis) Nunn
Top Member

Canada
1180 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  6:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian,

I so glad things went well with the Legislative Assembly of Connecticut. And to have Sophia and Bill Pendergast there to speak on your behalf - that's wonderful!

Good luck this weekend at the Children's Festival. Our thoughts will be with you.

Sandy

http://www.rememberallyceea.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000