Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2022 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for discussion:
We got our first set of IC buses with Bendix air disc brakes last year. As far as maintenance goes, it's pretty hands off. There are no grease fittings and from the maintenance videos I watched, no adjustments needed until pad replacement. One thing I'm curious about it lubrication of the slide pins. How often should I pull the caliper off and lube the slide pins? Only when replacing pads? Every 25k miles? Or only when there are torn boots? It would be nice to hear from someone who has worked on these for a while and has possibly gone through a set of pads. What is your experience with this set-up?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2022 :  07:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i made a 90 degree spray nozzle for rust check , and just slip it under the rubber boot and gave them a shot when ever we did an oil change so every 20,000km these were highway units(trucks) and pads will last two years with a good driver( here on highway trucks need a brake inspection every two years) and some drivers they last a year , school bus should last two years easy , did one rotor due to a caliper failed none of our busses have disc though, pads were super easy and fast to change

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 02/10/2022 07:53:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000