Roll over valve questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2022 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 All american rear cummins engine .I may have asked this before so forgive me . There is a hose that hangs off the tank I figured for emissions . When you fill the bus with diesel diesel will flow from this hose . Now I am talking one click off on the nozzle not trying to top if off like an eye dropper . I was told it is roll over valve . If the bus rolls over it's supposed to not let the fuel leave the tank .Any ideas why this happens ? Any easy ideas to fix it ? About a 1/2 gallon will pour from this hose before it stops flowing .I cannot access the top of the tank without removing the tank .I also tried running a longer hose above the tank and that didn't work .

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  03:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the vent tube for the fuel tank. We have some buses that will do that and some that don't. They don't discharge 1/2gal though.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  4:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I may have exaggerated a little . I would say a couple cups anyway . The place we fuel up if we spill diesel we have to clean it up . Another thing is the waste over time .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000