Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Headscratcher again...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  10:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2004 International IC, conventional cab, 444 engine, 2000 series Allison Transmission.

What's already been replaced:
Throttle Position Sensor
Throttle pedal assembly
Neutral Safety Switch Assembly

Codes:
135 Idle Validation Switch Circuit Fault
134 Accelerator Position and Idle Validation Disagree
133 Accelerator Position Signal InRange Fault *M*

Here's what happens: I cannot get it to act up for me, no matter how much I drive it. Without ANY warning, there is no throttle response. Shut it down, restart, and the problem goes away for 10 minutes to 6 days. In the process of checking connections and will shortly be tearing apart wire looms.

Ideas, questions, comments, concerns? Sick of these things making me look like an idiot.

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  10:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would check what the voltage reading is on your bus and what it is on a known good one I know from my issues a small difference in the voltage seen by ecm will cause an issue , just stinks of course its always intermittent so may read the same ? Or even swap your pedal assy with a known good bus who knows throttle sensor may have not been set perfectly in spec
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly... I have to wait until it acts up to be able to properly check it! But for me, it NEVER acts up. Literally never. I drove it for a week and it never missed a beat!

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  12:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Swapped out the pedal assembly from a bus that works... no difference... yet.

Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  12:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try the pigtail to the sensor.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  1:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive had these same issues on gillig transit buses with the dt466. the fix for that was running a new wire harness from the TPS to the ECM.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  5:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a '99 do this, and it ended up being the wiring at the neutral safety switch.
good luck
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  04:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still plugging away, looking for junk wires. All connections seem to be okay, so it's a matter of splitting looms and checking those, looking for internal breakage.

Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  04:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh! There have been so many electrical problems recently with the other location's buses that I forgot which bus I was looking at! I'm missing looking at obvious things because I thought I already looked at them, when it was another bus I drove over and looked at! Back to square one... Wish me luck!

Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  07:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the driver of the bus of short stature? Does the persons heel touch the floor to keep the foot from bouncing erratically?
Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  02:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
earl1412 brought up a good point there , seems there is an area at times where the idle validation may say its off idle , but to where throttle is not depressed enough , in which it could do this because its seeing the ids say one thing and the tps the opposite , not saying its likely but possible id imagine
Go to Top of Page

Donguy

7 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  04:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Donguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
KnuckleBuster76, regarding the throttle problem. Just wondering if you found the problem. I have the exact same problem and have done everything you have with no results. Short of burning it up, I could use some help as well.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  10:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know about your buses but on one recently noticed it had multiple issues with throttle response throughout months it kept returning had new pedal assy installed 2 times along with some connector replacements
--one thing I noticed and was curious if it could or not cause the issue is the tps sensor shares the same vref wire with the baro sensor and was speculating if possible the baro could be causing miss info or faulting causing the issue ...don't know something you may want to check haven't seen this one back yet and yes I could not get it to act up as well ...only the tps and baro had this vref wire in common none of the other sensors , I know ive seen say the map cause issues where the icp shows nothing and so on ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000