Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC 2013 E-Exit Alarms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jczanstke

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  11:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit jczanstke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please help I have two buses doing the same thing and I cant figure it out! As the driver is going about her day on her route she tells me e-exit alarms are going off. All windows doors and roof hatches are closed but the alarms are sounding along with the dash indictor saying e-exit. I changed relays fuses went through all wiring changed rear door switch, horns. Still its happening. Now in order to get the alarms to not sound as she drives is pull relay and fuse. Now we have two buses out of service because they cant be driven with no e-exit alarms. Has anyone seen this and what was causing the problem.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  04:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do the alarms go off with the roof hatches raised to the ventilation position and not released for exit?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

dferrell

102 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  08:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had emergency exit alarms come on randomly when going over uneven sections in the road that cause the body to flex enough that the buzzer comes on for a second. We have all transit busses and it is usually the back window that does it.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are constantly working on roof hatch buzzer complaints similar to what Fastback asked about above. Close the hatch completely buzzer has problems; leave it up at an angle in back, buzzer goes away.

There are some switches and switch kits available for the Transpec style hatches from SMI. I use a T1975034 or a Bluebird #10023783. They come with a switch, a plastic guide, a harness, and some screws.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  03:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What they said about hatches up there ^

I think with the heat of a closed-up bus just warps the crap out of the switch holder cover thing. That said, we also sometimes have to replace the entire latch plate assembly due to wear/slop causing alarms.

I've also been know to stick a little piece of the soft half of velcro to the hatch lid where it depresses the switch to give it that little extra push to keep the alarm off.
Go to Top of Page

jczanstke

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  03:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit jczanstke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To answer your questions, The roof hatch alarms were removed, Took the bus for a ride and its till happening. What I am doing is trying to isolate the problem. So the roof hatch alarms are not causing it I will move on to the windows then the back door.
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  03:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes I've found the back door buzzer to be screwed up internally, though it's usually the least likely buzzer to cause an issue.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

jczanstke

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  05:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit jczanstke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The back door has a switch and a separate horn enclosed in the box. I have replaced both, really has me baffled.

Edited by - jczanstke on 09/26/2017 05:55:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  07:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had to remove the exit window completely to find an intermittent short to ground due to the wire chafing on the window frame.
Not fun
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  07:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is fairly consistent, like every time you go out with the bus, I usually remove the panel above the windows, do a visual along the entire length for wire shorting out. Then cut the wire for the buzzer in various places until I isolate the short to an area, then concentrate on that area.
Example, cut it at the rear where it goes into the rear bulkhead. road test and see if it still happens.
Remember, it may branch off to areas where there is no emerg window or roof hatch on your bus.

Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had that problem and found the fix . It's in the noise cancel switch . What I found is when the exit warnings went off the solenoid that controls all the heaters loses power with the the switch in the nois position .Then the only way to cancel is to work that switch till alarms go off . Replace the noise switch and problem will go away .Also what I did was put a relay between the switch and the solenoid . I thought the switch couldn't handle the power to the solenoid
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  12:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, thanks for the update.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000