Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  6:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELP.

I can't stand my new bus because of the seat. I feel like i'm going to go crazy in that seat. Maybe I should start looking around for someone to give me their bus (switch). What should I do?????????????????

I bounce up and down like a maniac. I can't stand it. It's an air seat. And I don't care for the outward swinging doors.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 08/31/2004 6:25:06 PM

BBInt.10
Top Member

USA
1042 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  7:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BBInt.10's Homepage  Send BBInt.10 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you don't like bouncing, try one of these methods:

1. Deflate the seat all the way so it rests on the bottom. If it's too low for you, bring a cushion to sit on.
2. Inflate the seat as high as it will go and the high pressure will keep you from bouncing much.

Personally, I like the bouncing... our AmTran RE's had the Bostrom air ride seats and those things bounced quite a bit and I loved it.

-Dave

If all your problems are behind you... you must be a school bus driver.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 96 Amtran RE

I can't stand my new bus because of the seat. I feel like i'm going to go crazy in that seat. Maybe I should start looking around for someone to give me their bus (switch). What should I do?????????????????

Don't give up on it because of the seat, that can be adjusted! I drove a 2000 AmTran RE last summer exactly like yours, and I was able to resolve the bouncing problem very easily.

Try the two suggestions Dave gave you and see if one of the two works for you. Personally, I inflate the seat all the way, or almost all the way, so that there's little-to-no bounce.
Go to Top of Page

busmech67@aol.com

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  7:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be wrong but aren't there adjustable belts(like seat belts)from seat to floor for seat travel?
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  8:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to say the same thing, busmech67. The Bostroms in our ICs can be lashed down with a seat belt lookin strap. Most drivers around here use them too.

Get on all fours and have a look under that seat, Amtran! And grab up those dust bunnies and chewin gum wrappers while you're down there ;-)
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  8:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to try that when I get my bus back. It blew it s second transmision in its 4 years of life.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 09/01/2004 8:28:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  3:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like my new bus now. It just took some getting used to. I have to go a bit slower and I won't bounce on that part of the road. The kids think its funny.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  5:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just be sure you keep your feet out from under that seat, Amtran! I mashed my left heel but good hitting a bump one day.

Oh, it used to tickle my little kids, when we were loading at the school, and I'd hit that button and jack myself WAYYY up in the air. LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000