Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 replaced fuel injector
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rockstar97

147 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  03:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bus came back from service yesterday, and when I left the yard with it I immediately noticed the change in power. It has a lot more get-up-and-go in the lower gears now than it ever did (It's a 5-speed manual). Apparently they replaced the fuel injector, as the bus was due for it since it had about 170,000kms on it. Someone also said that once the fuel injector got worn in and got dirt in it, it would go back to performing like it did before. So is it possible to keep the fuel injector relatively clean to prolong this (convenient) burst of power? As things are, I'm really impressed with the performance of this bus, and I had no idea that replacing the fuel injector would make such a difference.

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  05:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been told that putting a quart of transmission fluid into a full tank of fuel and then running it on the highway will clean out the injectors nicely. A family friend said he does that whenever his tractor starts to spew a lot of soot from the exhaust pipe. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000