New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  05:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the pictures of Thomas' new facility on their website. Go to the website and click on the "Corporate" section and view the gallery. And just try to ignore the boring website. Of course I'm just comparing it to the Blue Bird website. I think Bird spent as much on their website as Thomas did on the new factory! The new home will be a nice one though.

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think Bird spent as much on their website as Thomas did on the new factory!

That was two dollars, right?

hehe, just kidding.

The plant looks awesome, I'm hoping to tour it this summer.

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  05:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Richard you need to keep your comments to your self!

Your Child's Safety is Our Business

Edited by - BusBoy on 10/23/2003 05:27:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was just joking. LOL, I thought it was kind of funny.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  09:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really don't see what's wrong with Thomas Built Buses website, while it hasn't been re-designed in a few years it doesn't look all that outdated. They have done a good job each month showing the progress of the plant.

Can't wait to see the buses that will be rolling out of this new plant!

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  12:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusBoy

Richard you need to keep your comments to your self!

Sheesh, if everyone on this forum kept their comments to themselves it would be cheesy, wouldn't it?

Can't take a joke, Kevin?

Go to Top of Page

AmTran9442

87 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  2:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoever drew the bus for school bus central, needs to re do it conventional buses does not have 13 windows on one side. if it did it would carry 78 passengers. It only has 11 windows on one side and carrys 65, or 66 passengers. I am not trying to be insulting or anything like that, I am just making a friendly point.
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  2:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AmTran9442

Whoever drew the bus for school bus central, needs to re do it conventional buses does not have 13 windows on one side. if it did it would carry 78 passengers. It only has 11 windows on one side and carrys 65, or 66 passengers. I am not trying to be insulting or anything like that, I am just making a friendly point.

We have quite a few 78 passenger conventionals (we consider them 77 passenger due to the small seat in the back corner). In fact, all of our conventionals that we get now are 78 passenger. The rest of our conventionals are 72 (71) passenger, with 12 windows and seats on each side.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  2:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can get an IC CE with 13 windows on each side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  4:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All of our conventionals since 1989 have been 77 passenger units. All conventionals are available in many different capacities, it just happens that 65 is the most common. Many districts in my area spec 71 and 77 passegner units.

On a side note, Jared did Wayne set their buses up to have one window per row, as in a 77 passenger bus having 13 windows per side? It's a shame I can't remember how they set it up, I know they didn't use wider windows or panels in the rear.

Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  05:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, this is a forum, so keep your comments to yourself. Boy Richard, why do some people have such a distaste for you?
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  05:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S. There is a new outline of the C2 on the website now. Just click on the "It's Coming" ad and you'll see it. Of course, I'll see it tomorrow at Thomas' dealer sales meeting. It's no secret where I work! I'll let you all know what I think, but you can bet I'll love it. Nuff said!
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  09:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasBuilt B24U

Yeah, this is a forum, so keep your comments to yourself. Boy Richard, why do some people have such a distaste for you?

I don't think we would have much of a forum if people kept their comments to themselves!!!

Go to Top of Page

AmTran9442

87 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  2:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do apoligize about that . I really was unaware that there were conventionals that carried 77 or78 passengers. If possible could someone e-mail me some pictures of these type buses. I have never seen one.
send them to: schoolbus9442@netscape.net

I would be greatfull.

once again I am sorry for my wrongfull comment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000