Kids left on buses upto 90 minutes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  09:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Multible violations of Kids left on buses upto 90 minutes, buses running tracks and excess speeding. Should this bus company be fired immeadiately?

Sept 20 2003
The Daily Southtown, Chicago, Ill.
American School Bus Co., a Chicago Ridge-based startup operation that won a $4.2 million contract from the district earlier this year, has been under fire from parents and district officials for running as much as 90 minutes late in its daily bus routes to district elementary schools.

Parent Teri Kozlowski, who spearheaded parent complaints about the company, said buses have been on time but she is not happy American School Bus will keep the contract.

"It's sad that they're not concerned about our children's safety," she said. "I see (drivers) going through railway crossings without stopping, excessive speeding and not waiting until children are seated before starting the buses. ... I don't have a vendetta against (the bus company). They just need to do their job safely and timely and so far they're not keeping up with that."

Click Here for story

Edited by - JK on 09/20/2003 09:49:04 AM

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  12:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
School bus driver answers critics

Sept 27 2003
The Daily Southtown, Chicago, Ill.
Since the beginning of the school year, American School Bus Co., which supplies bus-service to the students of School District 135 in Orland Park, has been the subject of a series of articles in the Daily Southtown and The Star newspapers. Those articles were, in my opinion, based on half-truth and hearsay, which paint American School Bus Co. as the lone source of all transportation problems in School District 135. On behalf of myself and my fellow drivers at ABC, I would like to set the record straight about a few things.

Click Here for story
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000