Enter Forum: General Interest
 Public Image
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pixie

18 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2001 :  07:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a little help in writing a letter to the editor of our local newspaper to improve School Bus Driver's images. We have been taking a beating in the media .The media has broadcast all the negative stories about bus drivers & accidents that weren't even the bus drivers fault. But there having a field day & I need to remind the public of all our positive traits.

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2001 :  09:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy Pixie,
Thats a tough one! Few people consider what a bus driver does every day with their kids on the bus, let alone all the training, drug testing, physicals, route requirements, pre-trip inspections, post trip inspections, CDL's!! Long list when you think about it! Maybe there should be a local Media day to show them, from your perspective, what a normal day is like. Have a reporter ride as a student driver without a camera, as not to atttact attention, and let them see for themselves!
The worse thing is when the drivers run into each other!! And it does happen! Can't explain away that one. I think that its important to explain that there is a disicplinary procedure to be followed for eac h offense including chargeable accidents, and there is re-training involved when necessary,etc. Hope this helps.
Joe
Go to Top of Page

MamaLoca
Advanced Member

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2001 :  09:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit MamaLoca's Homepage  Send MamaLoca an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Send in the BUS DRIVERS PRAYER

Please, Lord, watch over me this day.

Please help me to remember to watch all seven
mirrors, two dozen windows, eight gauges, six warning lights, six dozen faces, three lanes of traffic and to keep a third eye open for wobbling bicycles and daydreaming pedestrians, especially teenagers wearing headsets who are in another world. Please,
Lord, help me hear all train whistles, truck and automobile horns, police sirens and the two-way radio.

Please,Lord, give me a hand for the gear lever, the steering wheel, the route book, the radio microphone and the turn-signal lever. And, Lord, please grant me the self-control to keep my hands away from Johnny's neck.
And one more thing, dear Lord, please don't let Mary be sick all over the bus. And finally, Lord, please watch over us all so that we can do it again tomorrow.

AMEN

Author Unknown

Go to Top of Page

pixie

18 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2001 :  7:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thank you so much for that prayer, It was the 1st time I've heard it. Love it. Thank so much MamaLoca & wagonmaster. I'm sure glad I came upon this web page.

Go to Top of Page

tidesinn2

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2001 :  6:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago I got that prayer from somewhere on the internet. I have printed it up real nice and it hangs all the time (now it does we use to take it up and down inbetween holiday decorations but we can't decorate the bus anymore. That started this year) in the front of the bus.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000