New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  10:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading books on leadership and personal growth have been a positive influence on me. What books do you feel have made a difference in your career?

The one book that began my change of perspective is "The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey.

PHW

Child Check For Life

Debusguy

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  09:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite book of this type has been the 'The Road Less Traveled'. The best ideas I've taken from it are:
1.The perception that some knowledge or ability is beyond your ability is usually a question of mental laziness, or a reliance on other people to the job, figure out the problem, etc. If you have to do something, you can do it.
2.If you, yourself, have a probem, it doesn't automatically become another person's problem as well. Sort of a variation of "..since when did a lack of planning on your part become an emergency on my part?..."
Both concepts helped me look harder at situations that seem overwhelming, and kept me out of the 'I am a victim' mode of thinking.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000