Dress code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary E. Davis

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  11:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With summer months coming at us ...at last.. I was wondering if anyone had a dress code for bus drivers. I am not in favor of drivers wearing shorts but I am flexible. We have put together a small cross section of drivers to present to me a recommendation for dress. If anyone could give me some guidelines they use that would be great.
Thank you
Gary

Gary E. Davis

macondriver
Top Member

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  12:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Send macondriver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am in Il. we have a dress code for drivers and monitors, no tank tops, no "short" shorts, nothing low cut, no open heal or toed shoes, no sandles, nothing revealing, no shirts with "ad" on them for beer or smokes or curse words, hats either, and you must be clean, it is very plan and simple and it works.....if the shorts are to short you are sent home to change....

Go to Top of Page

Rockstar97

147 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  2:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not allowed to wear my hat backwards...

Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  7:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much like above, decent shorts, no open toed footwear, etc. (I'm not allowed to wear shorts at school, so I have to change into them when I leave to get on the bus)

349 - A repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  09:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our district states that there is to be no bare midrift showing and no tank tops. As for shorts, they may not come up more than three inches from the knee. For shoes, the heels may not be more than one inch. As a general guidline, the packet says that you should not wear anything that would recieve derragatory comments from the passengers or the public.

Stop at: http://buses.thesummit.biz

This is an industry where people brag about their times for 60-0, not 0-60.
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  1:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The drivers in my county, can wear hats, but that is all that I know of.

Johnny
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  6:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not sure of any stated dress code here for drivers, but I would assume it would be the same as the students. Nothing revealing - stuff like that.

"With God behind us and His arms beneath us, we can face whatever lies before us." PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!!

Go to Top of Page

MrsBuslady

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  6:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a dress code but it is rarely enforced. The drivers are only allowed to wear walking shorts, no tank tops, midriff baring tops, open toed or heeled shoes, spandex pants, or t-shirts/hats with inappropriate slogans on them. We have a few drivers who look like they just stepped out of bed in the morning, and some men who wear muscle shirts. Some men just have no business wearing muscle shirts......

Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  07:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a dress code thats pretty well enforced including shorts that meet our criteria.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000