New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas guy

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  10:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Friends,
I was just wondering about Stock Transportation. I now that National Express Corp. bought them out and somehow they were part of Durham (the company I work for) now. Just wondering if anyone new anything about it.

Thomas guy

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  07:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Durham School Services home page and and look in Newsroom for announcement Stock Transportation.

http://www.durhamschoolservices.com

PHW

Child Check For Life
Go to Top of Page

Gary E. Davis

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  04:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Durham purchased Robinson Bus Company in Detroit. Durham, so I am told, did not like or would not accept the terms and conditions from the new Execitive Director on accountibility in terms of late buses and quality control.
They withdrew from the contract and packed their bags and went back to Texas so I am led to believe from ex-Robinson /Durham drivers.
If that is true I do not know, but What I do know is Robinson is out of business and there is no Durham in Detroit. You go figure.

Gary E. Davis
Go to Top of Page

DURHAMIZED

55 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  08:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NATIONAL EXPRESS purchased several smaller bus companies over the course of a couple years time. They were Crabtree-Harmon Inc, Robinson Bus Services, Kenneth E. Bauman Bus Co, School Services & Leasing AND Durham Transportation.
In August 2001 - NATIONAL EXPRESS remamed the student transportation division to Durham School Services. Less than a year later National Express purchased Stock Transportation - adding it to its student transportation division, more commonly known as Durham School Services.
Durham Transportation was only one of several companies purchased by National Express. The name - Durham School Services was derived from Durham Transportation and School Services & Leasing both being the most recognized names in the industry nationwide, which is what we were told when the name change occurred.

Also, Robinson Bus Services, WAS based out of Chicago not Detroit. Detroit was a contract they held. If Durham School Services is not there now, then Detroit must have chosen another contractor.
Any of this can be verified by going to the home page of National Express Corp or Durham School Services.

Have a safe day!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000