Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 is it true, say it isn't so!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr_Magoo

37 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2001 :  08:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've just read a post saying that gmc agreement with bluebird didn't finalize for the 2003 deadline. is this true?

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2001 :  1:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope GMC doesn't go out of the business. If they don't go with BlueBird I would like to see them make a contract with Thomas- Oh how I would love to have a GMC/Thomas. GMC makes a gas engine, and that is what I want.

Maybe they can start making there own body for their conventional- we need more body makers.

"Thomas Built Buses-The best buses on the Road."
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2001 :  2:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope it isn't true either. We need all the chassis/bodies we can get in this market today.

But now since Ford had to come in and re-enter the market with Blue Bird and ruin it for GM and the rest of the industry, I don't think GM will renew its contract with Blue Bird because of Ford.

Also, GM is planning on redesigning its medium duty truck chassis in '03, and that is the same platform that the B7 school bus chassis is based on. But, since they are redesigning their medium duty truck chassis that year they may decide to take the B7 chassis out of production and out of the school bus market.

I hope this won't happen either, but time will tell.

Bob
"B. Busguy33"

Edited by - B. Busguy33 on 05/19/2001 11:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2001 :  3:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on a more positve way at looking at it,,,,,Ford entered the market and gave people another choice , atleast for right now. I mean, hell , you can get a BLueBird body on a International, GMC, Ford, or possibly even a Freightliner? eh?? So For right now, Ford is giving us another choice rather than ruining it. Secondly, I dont think Ford seeked out to BLueBird to make this bus, I think BlueBird seeked Ford out to get a contract going.
On another note,,,,with all this corporate power crap and merging and what not,,,,Thomas/Freightliner/DaimlerChrysler wouldnt let a GMC ( GM - competition ) be the chassis for their buses in a million years, or atleast for now, since the corporate power is taking over our lives.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000