Air loss what could it be ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  9:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have 2017 IC bus with a Cummins Driver said compressor was cycling too much . So I brought the bus in and in 2 minutes you can hear the governor kick in and build up pressure for a couple minutes The gauges show no drop and the wet tank seems to also be full I thought governor and changed it . Then I went to the purge valve and changed that . So how should I check for the air loss ? What does it sound like too you ?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  02:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
be in the small line that goes to governor from the dryer it turns "off" the unloaders
it will show no air loss on gauges when this line losses air pressure it will start to build air

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  03:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A spray bottle of simple green is going to be your best friend on this one. That stuff bubbles up really nice when it hits a leak!
Go to Top of Page

wwinters

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  04:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found on the international that the line going to air fan T's in the supply line that activates the governor and a leak in that system will cause the compressor cycling
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  07:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost all of my buses with this issue has been due to the quick connect fitting at the compressor. Wait until the dryer purges then shut the engine off and listen. Maybe wiggle the lines a bit and see what you find.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  08:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krmvcs

Almost all of my buses with this issue has been due to the quick connect fitting at the compressor. Wait until the dryer purges then shut the engine off and listen. Maybe wiggle the lines a bit and see what you find.

We go through an ass load those.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We replace all defective push fittings with compression fittings when possible. I hate fixing something over and over and over.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000