Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 MAXXFORCE DPF plugged...no codes.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

66glide

6 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  07:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit 66glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am newly back into the Heavy Duty field, and newly employed at a school bus garage as a semi-retirement job. Please forgive my numerous forthcoming questions. The bus is a 2012 IC.

A co-worker recently changed out a DPF so badly plugged that the bus would start and run for a few seconds then die and not restart. This bus showed no codes. This puzzles me, and makes me think the differential pressure sensor is skewed. I wanted to watch DPFE pressure sensor readings after to look for change, but it is not my work order, and I do not want to step on toes.

I'd still like an education from you folks. If this was in your bay, what would you look for to prevent a repeat failure?

Edited by - 66glide on 01/25/2019 07:18:53 AM

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  07:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The emission gear on an IH is really just there for looks and for them not to get any more EPA fines , I've tested this and you can remove the doc and dpf and just have sensors hooked up it will run with no codes drove it for over 30 minutes. We have issues with the dpf falling apart look in the tail pipe and big chunks of it sitting there and no codes lol this is why I think its just there for cosmetics on these years DT9s.
I would check the bosch ecm on frame by battery box you will find one power wire that splits to five(i think) the heat shrink will look good but many will be green under it, pull your IMT( melted) and IMP(plugged) sensors and inspect, same with EGR and ITV issues with those components and sometimes o codes until an actually internal failure, have seen no codes with bad injectors and pucks that destroy DPFs I'm to the point after 150,000km I changed all injectors and pucks and it has saved on a lot or reoccurring issues with the emission components

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000