Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010 IC CE SPN 520803 FMI 5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  10:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had this code pop up spn 520803 fmi 5 says park brake relay under current or open circuit.
bus built 6-2-09
last 8 AB224794
PUT INTO IKNOW
DESCRIPTION

Diagnostic trouble code 520803 5, Park Brake Relay Command, found on IC, BE and CE model buses, is the result of system self diagnostic check performed by the system controller. The park brake input, connector 1601 terminal F1, is an unused input on the BE and CE model bus. Circuit A44A will be terminated from connector 1601 F1 to the 1006 connector pin 10. No circuits will be connected to the bus body side of the 1006 connector.

RESOLUTION

This code does not need to be diagnosed, as it does not cause a warning light EGC.
There is no action necessary for this fault code.

AND YES MY WARNING LIGHT IS ON

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  12:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ended up finding the main plug on the ecu not holding in correctly put 2 big monster wire ties. Around it to hold it in tight. Found it by doing the wiring shack and pull trick. I had it apart and everything looks good must just need that little extra to hold it in..
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
650 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  07:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update sir i've seen the code before but as IH says no CEL illuminated no cause for repair but if does i know what I checking

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000