First 2 windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bus1

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the first 2 windows on this TC2000 RE?

http://members.aol.com/busspot/bus9877.htm

Lately, the newer buses in my district have these windows, but I don't think they are emergency windows.

Bill

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  12:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those windows may have dual pane glass in them. My friend bought three Thomas ERs from a state with a cold climate, and the first windows on each side, along with the door glass windows, have that dual pane glass — they look similar to the windows that Blue Bird has.

Just a thought. I'm not 100% sure, though, as I've never seen a Blue Bird with the dual pane glass before.

Crown Supercoach - The “Royalty” of Pupil Transportation

Edited by - Buskid on 08/09/2002 12:59:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  1:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, those are most likely dual paned windows. They're supposed to prevent fogging for the most part and it seems to work on my bus. My bus has the driver's windows with the dual pane along with the top two on the door. Our 1987's had the first on the right, also, but they discontinued that. I really didn't see the purpose since it was pretty hard to see out that window in the first place with the barrier there.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com

Quote:
"As long as one keeps searching, the answers come."
-Joan Baez
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  1:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The option is called "storm glass" and to be frank, the first company to ever offer that was infact BlueBird in 1963. I have a School Bus magazine from 64 that shows an article with a BlueBird conventional with the first introduction to the idea of storm glass for buses.

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  7:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It does indeed tend to work, and it is well worth it. Mike having the first pasenger window on the right side of the bus with dual pane glass is also worth it, when you come to a stop at the end of a road, that is running on an angle and you have to look back almost to see, you sometimes look out that window and if it's all fogged up you can't see.

"America's #1 Conventional School Bus- Thomas/International."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000