Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 7.3 t444 no oil pressure after oil cooler replaced
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  04:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
--hey all helping another tech, I have a bus that has no oil pressure at least at the reservoir, after the oil cooler gaskets orings were replaced
--I checked the hpop reservoir bone dry filled with oil would then run few seconds and die
--pulled the new oil filter was full of oil removed and cranked oil is coming into filter fine so wondering why this is going on after the o ring gasket job on the cooler
--so at this point seems the oil pump is working and the hpop resevor is holding oil ,
any help greatly appreciated thanks

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  04:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had one off in over 10 years, but is the oil pressure regulator in the oil cooler? If so make sure it's back in correctly.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  05:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pressure regulator is in the rear oil cooler header.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes turns out I solved this one not to long after I posted but the tech didn't re-install the pressure relief valve , don't know why he removed in the first place ? doing gaskets and o rings. The valve happened to be sitting in the oil drain bucket and figured the issue was self inflicted there .

Edited by - td083 on 08/21/2018 10:26:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000