New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  10:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i may have put this up before not sure but i have this 2014 c2 and its setting a 3494 code its intake heater mechanical fault i ran down the diagnostic tree and its tellin me it have to take to dealer for next procedure the heater eliment is working fine when i turn key on i hear it click on then off i see it working one the data stream it starts fine but if i clear code it comes right back i swapped out the heater solenoid just to see if that made difference and it did not anyone run accross this before????????

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  11:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

i may have put this up before not sure but i have this 2014 c2 and its setting a 3494 code its intake heater mechanical fault i ran down the diagnostic tree and its tellin me it have to take to dealer for next procedure the heater eliment is working fine when i turn key on i hear it click on then off i see it working one the data stream it starts fine but if i clear code it comes right back i swapped out the heater solenoid just to see if that made difference and it did not anyone run accross this before????????

I had a cummins tech explain to me that if you batteries are not fully charged this can set the heater grid code. You might want to test them and give it a shot.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  06:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u where correct i had one bad battery i replaced it and the the light doesnt come on and there is no code i would have never thought a bad battery would do that the bus started up fine so there was no indication of bad battery but thanks again
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  11:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

u where correct i had one bad battery i replaced it and the the light doesnt come on and there is no code i would have never thought a bad battery would do that the bus started up fine so there was no indication of bad battery but thanks again

The heater grid pulls a lot of amps

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

TRex

89 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2023 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This just solved the problem for me on a 2015 Freightliner bus. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000