2013 bluebird vision cummins isx engine not right
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

genescammell

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2018 :  05:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have (2) 2013 bluebird visions with the ISX cummins they both have the exact same problem: (they can only be hand washed)
the units can drive in the rain all day long, they can sit in the rain all day long, but if you power wash them with in 30 min they derate and are undrivable it takes 3 or 4 day before they can be driven again, so when they are started the parking brake light flashes and a beeping is heard from the dash, the check engine light and check trans light are on the engine is derated and the unit will not go into reverse, every 10 seconds the engine revs up to 2500 rpm for 3 sec then returns to idle the speedo and tack. move together, when the engine is idling the speedo indicates 20 mph even though the unit is parked, this will continue over and over when the output speed sensor is disconnected a SRC warning is displayed on the dash but the reving will stop and the bus can be driven but the flashing parking brake light and the beeping will continue. a DTC (p0722 output speed sensor no signal) is registered i have done an ohms test from pin 40 and 60 at the TCM i got a solid 2590 ohms i moved the harness around and the reading did not change i have taken all the plugs apart i have inspected all the harness in the engine bay under the cassie inside the cabin i found nothing i have switched the TCM with a known good TCM and the problem remains i removed the ECM and inspected it i cannot find a reason for this behavior i have talked to many people over the past few years and so far no one has run across this problem this has been going on for 3 years now and i don't know what else to do, i don't like changing parts to see if it fixes it but i may start unless someone has run across this issue any help would be appreciated

Edited by - genescammell on 03/26/2018 06:08:37 AM

enokradeht

United States
27 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2018 :  12:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you spraying the engine too? something is not liking the high pressure water. when we do use power wash under hood we steer clear of all ecms. from what you are describing almost like water is getting into the dash and or multiplex.
Go to Top of Page

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  10:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take the dash cluster out and look at the harness that comes over the dash brace to the cluster and see if it is shorting out on that brace and mine was the J1930 network wires, also a 2013.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000