New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  06:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are "blessed" with an Underground Storage Tank (UST), like I am, then you know how much fun governmental regs are! If you have an UST and don't know what anything I'm about to say means, then you best not point that out to any EPA guys.

I just had my annual inspection for the ATG system, and a new annual required inspection of the spill containment system. Licensed contractor inspection, not a government random which I'm about due for. The guy who's been doing them for me for years told me that there is a new rules package coming down the pike that will require tanks to be removed when they either 20 or 30 years old, even if they are still passing all testing (including the 3-year cathodic).

I can't find anything about this. Anybody know anything?

If/when it happens, I'm recommending an above ground tank(s) to reduce some of this workload. My tank is from 1999 and passed it's test 2 years ago with no issues.

Pity me...If we do go above-ground then I'll have two useless cards that say I am an licensed A and B operator.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000