New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  07:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i been wondering what u guess have seen as far as life span on a doc for dt466 i have two buses now that smoke bad while driving and when u turn on the inhibit switch the smoke stops so i am guessing it aface clogged doc but one of them i had cleaned out bout year ago is there a life span on them where as they wont create enough heat anymore ?????????

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  12:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not believe there is a life span. you run it and clean it until it no longer passes inspection during the cleaning. I however may be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  02:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea we get a ton of face plugged docs here too , and from what I am told if the bus has a good route in which it has long spurts of cruising you don't see it as much but will see this more often on bus's with routes with high traffic and more than normal stop and go as in the running regen cant take place it will face plug over time . But I haven't heard of any lifespan no , and really this isn't a doc fault more along the lines of engineering of the regen system that makes them susceptible to this . Once the doc is cleaned you can check during the regen if the temp increases properly across the doc (i think its over 1000 f) its working if it doesn't its not . One thing noted that does damage the doc is the leaking egr coolers but we have had very few that we have had to replace.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  03:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC bus DOC's take an abuse....especially 07 emissions. We have backflushed many face plugged DOC's. We finally give up on them when they will not give us temps over 1,000 degrees during regen. Generally 200,000 is a good guideline for replacing them although we have run further.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  06:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for info i am askin cause i had this one cleaned about a year ago and its starting to smoke bad on road when its regening so i thought it cant be clogged already and thought may it just wont heat enough
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000