New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  10:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my copy of School Bus Fleet and am reading the top 100 list. Anyone ever look at the number of buses vs. the number of students transported? I am talking about New York (#1) vs. say Fairfax County (#7). It says New York transports 147,160 students with a total of 10,350 buses. It says Fairfax County transports 142,650 with a total of 1,630 buses. What gives? Think there might be some waste in New York? lol

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  11:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all depends on number of walkers vs number of riders

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  11:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been there, but I am told by others that NYC loves their type-A buses. That could be a large part of it.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That, and i heard that it takes them 20 min to go 5 blocks because of all the traffic. And think how many kids prob. live in a 5 block range....it would take a lot of buses to get them to school on time with all their traffic.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  05:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found it strange that there's a 3% difference in students and a 84% difference in buses! The number of students stated is under the heading "Students Transported Daily". I don't think walkers are included in that number.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  05:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work for Fairfax's fleet dvs , that's a crazy amount of buses for ny for sure . But yea our traffic is pretty bad here but I'm sure nothing compared to ny city and mabey why the number of buses like gottadrift was saying
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  06:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

I work for Fairfax's fleet dvs , that's a crazy amount of buses for ny for sure . But yea our traffic is pretty bad here but I'm sure nothing compared to ny city and mabey why the number of buses like gottadrift was saying

Congratulations! You're operation is doing a great job!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000