Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2008 IC cluster issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  05:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the intermitten issue, all gauges quit while driving. They quit for about a minute and then start working again. Sometimes it last longer. When this happens the cluster lights up like a Christmas tree, all indicator lights light up. And when entering the bus ( bus shakes ), the little screen ( odometer ) lights up like you turned the key on, or if you hit the dash just right the screen lights up also with no key in the ignition. I've checked for a bad connection and even sent the cluster to my speedo guy and he said the cluster is fine and that I might have a ground issue. I found a bad broken ground to the frame and fixed it but my issue remains. Any thoughts?

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  04:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fixed!!!!! I swapped clusters with another bus and the problem moved to it.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  06:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But the guy said it was ok. LOL Glad you found it without having to go through miles of wiring!
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

But the guy said it was ok. LOL Glad you found it without having to go through miles of wiring!

Yeah even with all his fancy equipment it tested good. You know it's nice to be able to swap out parts to be sure that's the problem before buying it and then finding out it didn't fix it. I know some shops don't have that luxury, like smaller districts that have only 1 model of each bus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000