A/C recovery machines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  12:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHo is using what automatic recovery machines for your bus air conditioners?

I'm looking to buy one.

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  7:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have buses with A/C units? Our driver's would be jealous! lol
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  04:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have the robinair machine not sure on the model number iwill check but it works well it has a 30 pound holding tank which was the man issue with our old one the tank was so small if there was some freon in it u couldnt recycle the front and rear ac units at the same time but anyway it works great it is able to do system flushes but u have to by the flush kit adapters i will get the model number so u can check it out but again make sure u get one with a large tank
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  04:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
robinair model 34988 i think it was around 2500 but dont quote me on that
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  05:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

we have the robinair machine not sure on the model number iwill check but it works well it has a 30 pound holding tank which was the man issue with our old one the tank was so small if there was some freon in it u couldnt recycle the front and rear ac units at the same time but anyway it works great it is able to do system flushes but u have to by the flush kit adapters i will get the model number so u can check it out but again make sure u get one with a large tank

Special needs, required by Georgia bus specs.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  06:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have three Robinair 34788's. One we have dedicated for the systems with the Bitzer compressors since they use a different oil. I don't know of any issues with the recovery tanks being too small. We did order a tank to swap out when they got full until our A/C consultant told us to use the Freon in the tanks to recharge systems.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  07:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont have an issue with the robinair tank we had an older machine that only had a 12 pound tank so everytime i used it i had to pump the freon out if i had to remove both compressors on the bus but the new robin air machine is fine
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  07:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gotcha. Missed that part.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  08:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robinair 34700. It's got it's own monkey inside to evac the refrigerant... {/Flintstones joke} #MyMachineIsAncient
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000