Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2005 IC 200 headlights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jraksdhs

1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  08:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit jraksdhs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 2005 IC 200 with 175k on it. Its being replaced this year but I need it pass safety inspection soon. Headlights wont come on at all. High beams do work though. Would this be a relay, even though the Highs work? If so, can someone point me in the direction of it. This bus seems to be missing some covers that help locate those relays. thanks

Jason

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  05:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
05 should have BCM, behind (if 200 has it located same place as CE300) stepwell heater that sends power to headlights.. I have had one bus, that for some reason connector on the BCM melted the headlight wires.. 1603 should be the connector that feeds power to low beam and high beam lights for that year, pin D is low beam, pin G is high.. if connector on BCM is ok and power is coming out of both hi and low terminals on BCM, then your down to tracking out of bus to hood... Power to headlights feeds from BCM to firewall sealed connector then to plug by steering gear then to hood on the 300's..

BCM(body control module) has to get zero voltage reference from switch and relays to turn on headlights.. seeing you have High beams I would assume those and dimmer switch on turn signal stick are working..

Edited by - slippert on 03/16/2016 05:05:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  05:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a quick first check, I'd look at the harness to the hood, near the hinge. Some of the older CE's and 4300 series trucks had wires rub through down there. Dead short would mean the BCM would kill power.
Go to Top of Page

Donotpass

14 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  05:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Donotpass's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

As a quick first check, I'd look at the harness to the hood, near the hinge. Some of the older CE's and 4300 series trucks had wires rub through down there. Dead short would mean the BCM would kill power.

Even some of our newer CE's still have this issue.

Also check the connectors that go from the head light assembly to the wiring harness, we have found loose or corroded pins that will cause the headlights to drop out occasionally
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  09:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the wires at the round connector just in front of the driver front tire on the frame. We have had to run a new wire around the connector of all of our 06 and 07 CE 200's

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  11:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good points on harness issues... One of the reasons I try to take any new bus we get and keep in shop for a week before putting it in use... I always end up with a pile of ty-straps cut off on floor, then rerouting harnesses, so they are not strecthed like banjo strings, ty-straps too tight or rubbing on frame causing future issues, as it appears most of the time where-ever it lands when thrown in frame at bus plant is where they tie it up...

I told salesman 10 years ago...I wished I could get buses delivered with wiring in a box inside bus and I would install and route them..

Edited by - slippert on 03/16/2016 12:08:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000