CDL Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  04:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are other states doing on the CDL testing. Seems that here instructors that I talk to around here its about 70% fail rate. Is this just a job security for examiners to keep failing drivers so they have to keep coming back. I have also noticed that they are not consistent on what they want on the inspection. I had one examiner to say he did not you just to repeat securely mounted, not broken, bent or missing any parts.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The expectations change every time we take a driver. It's a money making scam and nothing else.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  2:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same story here in NY.. one instructor wants one thing, the other wants another. They preach that we have to teach a full, proper pre-trip and then they don't pay attention or rush the driver through the pre-trip. Never mind that the person giving the test does not even HAVE a CDL.
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  08:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had issues among different testing sites in the state. The state-run ones usually go by the book on their pre-trip items, so that's what we teach. The private-run ones, though, seem to add stuff that isn't on the score sheet, and then try to mark off for it. The score sheets are the same for both state-run and private. But then as Thomasbus24 says, each time we go somewhere, no matter where it is, they always manage to add something new. What a rook!

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  10:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Ohio, I just read where the Springfield testing station has closed. One less option...
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  11:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sherm

In Ohio, I just read where the Springfield testing station has closed. One less option...

No great loss either.
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2016 :  03:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

quote:
Originally posted by Sherm

No great loss either.

They actually weren't too bad for the last couple of people we sent through there.

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  04:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
going to take my cdl road test today we will see how this goes
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  07:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The examiners we have dealt with seem to not be comfortable being video recorded especially during the pretrip portion of the test. Once they see the Bus interior cameras, they have seem obsessed by them and some act like they can't get out of the situation fast enough. I have decided that the next time I take a candidate for testing I will remove the video cameras from the bus.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2016 :  04:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fastback in our state they will not test you if the recorders are on. You have to make sure they are off before testing. Unpluged or no lights on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000