Meritor Wabco 4 wheel disc brake system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  8:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 IC low profile lift with a VT 365 . Bus has the the hydraulic abs 4 wheel dis brakes . Has a park brake on the drive line .We had an issue with the EGR cooler and replaced that . During the install I disconnected the batteries . Today I finished the job and went to start bus . Well everything worked on the engine is working well . Bus now has an ABS light , Trac light , brake pressure brake pressure light and brake service light . Also has a beeping going on . I am not to familiar with this system . There is no diagnostic button to check the system . I did do one thing but didn't think it would hurt . I ran the engine without hooking up the Alternator . What do I need to find out what is wrong . I unplugged the connectors on the servo and then plugged them back in . The motor started running for a few seconds and shut off .

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  04:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For kicks, I think I would disconnect the batteries for a few minutes then reconnect.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  07:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check and make sure you reconnected all the wires, there is a smaller wire for the brake system in the battery box.
Go to Top of Page

tgut

7 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  08:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meritor Wabco system? If so check for a burnt fuse in the battery box or on the firewall near the other relays,(F2) if memory serves.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  2:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Update I removed the cables . I checked wires all there . I all the fuses . I have 12 volts to the ECU .Any other thoughts
Go to Top of Page

tgut

7 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  2:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every now and then the dash on one of ours (I have 7) lights up like this and it has turned out to be the 31 pin connector not being seated quite right on the PBC. I usually start the bus and chock the wheels, open the drivers side window and crawl under to wiggle the plug until it seats completely and the beeping stops. Mine are aged from 2012 back to 2006 and every one has had the symptoms you describe at least once...
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  10:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should have 3 powers, and 3 grounds at the unit underneath.
1, 16, 17 are POS
6, 18, 19 are NEG
Here is the manual http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/mm0401.pdf
Hope this helps.
Also with this system you have to watch the cap on the master cylinder. It should be a breather type, check and make sure it has not been replaced with a regular one or that the very fine mesh is not plugged. Best way to check, after the bus has been sitting for a while, over night, turn the key on until l the pumps stop. Now remove the cap, there should be no vacuum. If there is, if there is too much vacuum, it cannot build proper pressure. If you have several of theese you might want to get Meritor Tool Box software.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  11:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I checked the connector . I show 3.5 volts at the battery at1 ,16 and 17 and good grounds at 6 18 19
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  04:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should have battery voltage ~ 12V. Check all you connections from the battery to this plug. There is a flat plug a foot or so towards the front prone to corrosion.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I checked again and I do have 11.5 volts to everything . When I plug the connector back 1 motor will run . Still won't work
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  06:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot to mention the 2 wire connector, make sure you have power and ground there also.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  9:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I checked that wire too ...it was good .
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  1:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have replaced several bad ECU and HCU's but I would not recommend without knowing the codes or until all other possibilities have been checked. It still could be something simple, something overlooked. It would be worth paying someone if you can to retrieve the codes. Other than that, look at the wire diagram and check resistances of wheel speed sensors, solenoid etc at the ECU connector and make sure it isn't a failed component or bad wiring.
Check front wheel speed sensors and wires? Perhaps while working on engine wiring got stepped on or hooked?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000