New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: did a compression test and all the cylinders have equal compression. So now we'll be chasing down an electrical issue. Aaarghhh!!!!! If I had any hair I would've pulled it all out and be as bald as I am now LOL.
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeHEB1

Update: wouldn't you know it!!!!!!!!!!!! The Jasper reman is doing the exact same thing. How can that be? Loud knock and fuel pouring out the exhaust and smoking like a freight train.

I can feel your pain, just had a VT365 reman engine put in and it was pouring oil,fuel and coolant out!!! After the reman got repaired, it made it about 10 miles down the interstate, and blew at least one injector out. I did not know Cat did such a bad job of remaning engines.
(That's a whole 'nother story)
earl
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  05:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There should be a national recall on these engines! I can't see IC being in business much longer, can you guys? Did someone tell me that they were for sale? BB or Thomas should buy them and close the factory and be done. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  09:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please don't suggest that! We get raped enough on parts and quality by all three bus makers...reduce competition and it will get even worse.
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  06:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

There should be a national recall on these engines! I can't see IC being in business much longer, can you guys? Did someone tell me that they were for sale? BB or Thomas should buy them and close the factory and be done. lol

Whatever happened to the lawsuit from Kentucky against IC?
http://www.wdrb.com/story/23033159/jcps-files-suit-claiming-nearly-400-buses-are-lemons
Seems like these stories hit the headlines, then fade away.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  05:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

If we get rid of IC we'd be out of a job. LOL...
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  07:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Please don't suggest that! We get raped enough on parts and quality by all three bus makers...reduce competition and it will get even worse.

Good point! Just frustrated, and I don't have a whole fleet full of them. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2016 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: after the compression checked good on all cylinders, we replaced all (4) injectors on the right side since that's where the miss was coming from. Apparently an injector was stuck open and dumping fuel, injectors were under warranty. The bus smoked for a good while during the test drive and for the first 2 route trips (muffler was full of fuel). Bus runs ok now for a VT365 (junk).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000