Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 International 4700-T444E,1998 model
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Top-one

7 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  10:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Top-one's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,i am a new member to the forum,i am working on 4700-T444E engine,1998 model.when the engine is cranking is bringing slight white smoke from silenser and refuse to start,but if i use fluid to start it,it will respond almost to start but it won't start,scan for code and i got #1(PID 108 BAROMETRIC PRESSURE FMI4 VOLTAGE BELOW NORMAR OR SHORTED TO LOW VOLTAGE ACTIVE FAULT)#2(SID 254 CONTROLLER #1FMI8 ABNORMAL FREQUENCE,PULSE WIDTH OR PERIOD ACVTIVE FAULT),which componet that is gone bad indicating the code,can this code preventing the engine from starting?where in the engine i can fine the bad component causing above code,any help will be greatly appreciated..

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  04:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would look at the cam sensor and the wiring to it, check the wiring for being rubbed by the belts or loom vibration wear through on the wires. pull the sensor and check for wear on the tip you will need a new o-ring to reinstall. sometimes a bad cam sensor will start on ether but usually the unit is dead.
Go to Top of Page

Top-one

7 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2015 :  09:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Top-one's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank mr.tigger2,what convince me is no trouble code for cam sensor in dash,i monitor rpm with scan tool while engine is cranking and RPM is readind which means their is sychronisation between both sensor,or RPM may read and does not mean both sensor is good,how can i test the sensor to determind if the sensor is good or bad and what is ohms for the cam&crank sensor with multimeter,any help will highly welcome.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  11:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Monitor injection control pressure with scan tool must more than 600 p.s.i. to start, remove oil temp sender from front of engine just above inspection plate in front of HP oil pump and see if oil runs out, yes good, no main oil pump in pan bad or way low on oil. If good then possible leaking o rings on injectors or bad high pressure oil pump.
Go to Top of Page

Top-one

7 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  07:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Top-one's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you everybody for your support and those who post me helpful tips i than you all,finaly problem has been resolve,cause of problem as follows:pcm,glow plug control relay,all glow plug and all heui.
smiles#128513;#128513;#128513;#128513;#128513;#128513;#128513;
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000