Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 07 BB regeneration question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  09:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got a 07 BB RE 8.3 ISC Cummins engine. The question is the driver reports the regeneration system is coming on a lot. This makes him and the kids nauseous. Had the DPF cleaned 1611 miles ago. The route is a short one with many stops. (About 4 miles one way). There are no codes. Is there anything I can do short of driving the bus at highway speeds for 30 miles to burn off the soot?

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  09:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do a parked regen at the shop either with the switch (if it has one) or with cummins insite. as far as the driver complaint, the regen system should not activate on a stop/go school route. likely he sees the light coming on requesting a regen. i dont know how anyone can become nauseous about that unless its flashing like an anime cartoon. it also seems strange that it would be requesting a regen so often and so soon after having the filter serviced unless a failure has recently occurred, like a leaking injector or perhaps a turbo oil seal. for peace of mind id pop the pipe off and check for oil residue or excessive soot. hope that helps.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  10:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check for exhaust leaks as well. Maybe he is smelling exhaust and just assuming that the regen has something to do with it. Although is is a rear engine, so I don't know that would be the case. Worth checking anyway.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000